Subject: NetBSD based hosting services?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/16/1999 22:10:03
Hello,

I've got a domain name setup with Icom (www.icom.com) for $8.95/month.
I would like to find a similar arrangement, but I would like a provider
that uses NetBSD, and has shell accounts. (and better security than
Icom)

If you are a hosting provider, or know someone that is, please send me
some information.
Some requirements:
	Must use NetBSD servers. (preferably doesn't support MS at all)
	A shell account, not just ftp.
	Oh, modern versions of NetBSD and apache would be nice.
	Reasonable disk space. (Icom gives 45MB)
	Unlimited bandwidth.
		This tends to disturb resource conscious providers,
		but I can't have a wanker with 'wget' and a DS3 costing
		me $$$$$ overnight.

I don't have a great need for bandwidth.  I have little on my website
now, but I would like to be able to provide NetBSD snapshots, or test
kernels etc via the webpage.

I could work out some sort of barter deal also, providing a basic machine
for use as a web/ftp/dns/database/whatever server in exchange for
net connectivity for the machine.  Physical rate-limiting hardware could
be provided if 'unlimited bandwidth' was a serious issue also.

Anyway, send me some private email about what you can provide.

Thanks!

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.