Subject: Re: NYC NetBSD get togethers?
To: Nathan Dorfman <>
From: Greg Obremski <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/11/1999 05:06:33
He's correct. Under 18 is not allowed to drive within the 5 boroughs, without
his legal guardian in the car at all times.

Nathan, you wimp. :)
what they dont know, won't hurt 'em...

remember...Don't Break The Law.

Collary: Don't Get Caught.

/me whistles innocently

On Sat, Apr 10, 1999 at 10:57:38PM -0400, Nathan Dorfman wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 10, 1999 at 10:02:56PM -0400, Andrew Brown wrote:
> > >Heh. Can't drive, either. The NYS driving age is 16, but the license is
> > >invalid in the five boroughs until 18.
> >
> > ...not quite.  you just can't go on state highways and some other
> > stuff (i think it's technically "toll roads").  like, for example, the
> > thruway or most of the bridges and tunnels that connect the five
> > boroughs.  you can still drive over the queensborough bridge :).
> According to my driver's manual, I'm not allowed to drive within the
> five boroughs of New York City. It doesn't say anything about toll
> roads or state highways or bridges -- just NYC.
> > --
> > |-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|
> >             * "ah!  i see you have the internet
> > (Andrew Brown)                that goes *ping*!"
> >       * "information is power -- share the wealth."
> --
> Nathan Dorfman <>         The statements and opinions in my
> Unix Admin @ Frontline Communications    public posts are mine, not FCC's.
> "The light at the end of the tunnel is the headlight of an approaching
> train." --/usr/games/fortune

God may be my co-pilot...but the Devil's my bombadier.

Greg Obremski
Collective Technologies
On site at: Fidelity Investments, Boston, MA

All opinions expressed in this mail are mine, and mine alone. If you disagree
with that, remember that I have root, and you do not.