Subject: Re: Anyone in here object to random chatter?
To: Mason Loring Bliss <>
From: Richard Rauch <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/31/1999 08:49:15
> > > It's been suggested that The NetBSD project already has netbsd-users, which
> > > may or may not be appropriate for random chatter.
> >  [...]
> >
> > FWIW...
> >
> > I like the idea of having such a place.  But I also would rather not see
> > it on netbsd-users.  Reason: I view this mail-list as a place to ask
> > technical questions that don't fit easily into other areas.  Of course,
> This is the second such message I've seen. I'm going to guess that lots of
> folks simply don't know about the netbsd-help mailing list for some reason.
> Netbsd-help is appropriate for release-independant, platform-independant
> technical questions. Netbsd-users is a list for issues of general interest
> to the NetBSD community. I'd like to see this expanded to cover random

The list tells us ``keep the technical content high''.  Why would it say
that if it wasn't intended for technical discussions?

I assumed that ``help'' was more non-technical.  Maybe I should go browse
the archives and see what it's actually like...

> > ``I am only an egg.''
> I'll be sure to eat you when you transition away.

This could be a bad idea.  As a human being, I have a moderately long
life-expectancy and eat lots of other things.  Given the times that I live
in, lots of non-degradable toxins have doubtless built up in me.  But, I
am nonetheless duly honored.

  "I probably don't know what I'm talking about."