Subject: Re: Anyone using a Diamond FirePort 40 with NetBSD?
To: Zach Fine <czyz@u.washington.edu>
From: David Rankin <drankin@bohemians.lexington.ky.us>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/15/1999 06:53:19
On Sun, Mar 14, 1999 at 07:09:59PM -0800, Zach Fine wrote:

> I'm just curious whether or not the Diamond Fireport 40 Ultra Wide
> SCSI controller has been known to work with NetBSD. It's currently on
> sale on Diamond's web site for $49.95 (the dual port controller is
> about $20 more):
> http://www.diamondmm.com/products/current/fireport40.cfm

> It sounds like a nice enough card. But their site fails to mention
> what chipset it uses, which makes it impossible for me to compare the
> card against the list of supported devices on www.netbsd.org.

This information is (at least now) in the in-depth link off of
...fireport40.cfm and the Dual Card page
(http://www.diamondmm.com/products/current/fireport40dual.cfm). The Fireport
40 is a Symbios Logic 53C875, and the dual-port is a Symbios Logic 53C876.
The 876 is not listed as a supported chip, but the 875 will work just
fine.

> Has anyone tried to use this card? Had any luck? Know anything about
> it?

> Thanks for any help or information.

Good luck.
David

--
David W. Rankin, Jr.     Husband, Father, and UNIX Sysadmin.
   Email: drankin@bohemians.lexington.ky.us   Address/Phone Number: Ask me.