Subject: Re: Login banner change?
To: Kevin M. Lahey <kml@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Brian Ginsbach <ginsbach@spacestar.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/13/1999 21:44:51
Kevin M. Lahey wrote:

> >You didn't say what version of NetBSD you're running, but I recall
> >this being added to -current in the recent past.
>
> Nah, there was a set of patches put out and (I think) a PR.
> I mentioned that I'd put it into the tree, but I haven't yet.
>
> Kevin
> kml@nas.nasa.gov

Is this the same as what was added to FreeBSD's version of getty?  It
supports a gettytab capability of "if" so a file like /etc/issue (a
SYSVism) can be used.  I was just looking at this the other day.
It doesn't look like it would be to difficult to take what FreeBSD
did and plop it into the NetBSD getty.

Where is this patch at?  I tried searching the open PR's but did
not find anything that contained said patch.  This seems more logical
than using the /etc/hosts.allow method.  Plus it would work for
hardwired
terminals or modem connections that connect to getty directly.

Brian
--
Brian Ginsbach                                  <ginsbach@spacestar.net>
"The candle flame gutters.  Its little pool of light trembles.  Darkness