Subject: Re: Community Issues ** LONG **
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@isc.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/22/1999 10:03:21
> What FreeBSD and OpenBSD and linux all have is a visible single
> leader who:
>
> 	(1) gets the project out in visible ways,
> 	(2) gets projects for pay for people to do,
> 	(3) has a personality.

I think that by and large, the reason NetBSD does not have such a
person is because we don't want it to.   NetBSD is that set of Free
O.S. hackers who either believe in humility, or wish to be the leader
of a Free O.S. movement.   Kind of an odd mix, and it does ignite from
time to time, but you'll notice that the names don't change much - I
don't think any of us would have it any other way.   If we would, we'd
be in a different community.

			       _MelloN_