Subject: Re: IPNAT doesn't work ! - 3
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Christofer C. Bell <cbell@atlas.union.ukans.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/15/1999 13:32:38
On Mon, 15 Feb 1999, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> > I tryed traceroute 141.30.4.242 from the NetBSD-box and got the
> > message:

[ deleted ]

> Actually I think you should use 'traceroute -i ppp0'. Otherwise traceroute
> use the wrong source address, that's why it doesn't get anything back.
> But this is not related to your ipnat problem (I don't think traceroute
> can work throuh ipnat).

Since the NetBSD machine is the one running NAT, none of its connections
via any interface will go through a machine that is running NAT.  Hence,
traceroute, if used correctly, will work over any interface.

--
Christofer C. Bell                      Systems Analyst
OSSC - Systems Management               email: cbell@inetdb.com