Subject: Re: Newby's questions
To: Koestler Sonja <Sonja.Koestler@icn.siemens.de>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/05/1999 11:16:44
On Fri, 5 Feb 1999, Koestler Sonja wrote:

> Hi listers,
>
> I've installed NetBSD on my machine and everything is working fine so far.
> But I have some questions:
>
> 1) Is it possible to get a tcsh or at least a "switch" for command
> completion for the text terminal?

	The web Documentation has a section on 'cursor key editing' in
	shells. Will update it to include file completion.
	It should show up at
	http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/misc/index.html#shells
	in ah hour or so.

> 2) How do I find out to wich parameters I can set LANG (I need german) ;
> also for text terminal?
	'setenv LANG de'
	http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/misc/index.html#languages
	should show up at the same time.

> 3) Is there something like a "bloody beginner's guide" ?

	Not exactly - http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/ is a good start
	though :)

	If you would have any additions you think might help other people,
	_please_ email them in for addition to the pages!

		David/absolute

    -=-  "They're only red from all the thoughts unused inside my head"  -=-