Subject: Re: Newby's questions
To: 'NetBSD' <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Christopher Palmer <reid@pconline.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/05/1999 09:13:35
On Fri, 5 Feb 1999, Koestler Sonja wrote:

> 1) Is it possible to get a tcsh or at least a "switch" for command
> completion for the text terminal?

You can either run 'chsh' as the user, or as root, modify /etc/passwd. In
/etc/passwd, modify the last field of the line for your user; this field
specifies the shell you want. Either 'bash' or 'tcsh' will do command
completion, and perhaps others.

> 2) How do I find out to wich parameters I can set LANG (I need german) ;
> also for text terminal?

Es tut mir leid; I know nothing about internationalization and locale
settings in Unix. :^(

> 3) Is there something like a "bloody beginner's guide" ?

http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/index.html

Also look at the FreeBSD Handbook, which is largely applicable and
extremely well-written (some details will be inaccurate for NetBSD,
though):
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/

Hth! :^)

---------(( Christopher Reid Palmer : www.pconline.com/~reid/ ))---------

              the characters i am, made into a word complete
                              -- Meshuggah