Subject: RE: Again - 2: how post-configuration after installation
To: Oliver Graemer <graemer@okay.net>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/30/1999 08:39:54
On 30-Jan-99 Oliver Graemer spoke unto us all:
#  But I ' m still droped in the single - user mode (no login prompt and
#  the other partitions aren't mounted). So I don't know what's wrong.
#  I'm using a Digital Universal Desktop Box "Multia" (its a slow alpha).
#  I checked http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/alpha/faq.html and the firmware
#  is the newest one (v 3.8-3). I think the problem does not depend on
#  the firmware configuration.

Actually, if you check the faq again, it has a section on configuring SRM to
automaticly boot you into multi-user mode.

As an aside, you may want to subscribe to port-alpha, and perhaps look over the
older posts to the list at the mail index.  (see my .sig below)

---
Tim Rightnour  -  root@garbled.net
Free Multi-Platform Operating System: http://www.netbsd.org