Subject: Re: 'GPM-like' capability for NetBSD/i386?
To: None <root@garbled.net>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/29/1999 04:37:04
Tim Rightnour writes:

> On 28-Jan-99 Louis Glassy spoke unto us all:
> #  In the NetBSD packages collection, I've seen a package called 'dt'
> #  which can do this, but not for the i386 port.  Is there another way
> #  to do cutting/pasting of text in a text console in NetBSD/i386?
>
> It is possible with screen, though somewhat annoying if you aren't used to it..
> I dont recall the command though, you will have to look it up.

Use 'control-a [', then 'hjkl' arrows, enter to start block, move to
end, enter to copy.  Paste is 'control-a ]'

It works very well, but cut paste with my mouse would be nice also.

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.