Subject: IP Tunneling I think ?
To: 'netbsd-help@netbsd.org' <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Scott R. Burns <Scott.Burns@Netcontech.Com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/18/1999 11:14:16
I am looking into providing people faster home access to the office. In =
our city we can obtain fairly fast cable modem access from the local =
cable provider, they will give us a static ip address. Most residential =
areas do not have ISDN access in the CO's yet. Is it possible using =
something like IP tunneling to provide access from peoples homes to our =
IP lan in the office through our NetBSD firewall ?

Home users would be running 95, 98 or NT 4 Workstation. Do these =
products come with the stack I need to do this ?

I want the access to look exactly like being at work. Ie. browsing our =
NT and Samba servers etc, IP sockets connections etc.

Can NetBSD V1.3.3 on a Pentium as our firewall do this for me ? Is it =
easy to setup ?

Scott...