Subject: leading/trailing underscores?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/11/1999 10:52:50
I'm helping someone who has written a large X program that includes some
capability for dynamically loading modules.  As such, his program needs
information about leading/trailing underscores in libraries.
Unfortunately, its not consistent across different NetBSD architectures
(mac68k has a leading underscore while pmax has none for example).  Is
there a simple way with Imake or looking in some include file which may
provide this info?  He doesn't want to use a GNU configure script due to
the style of license.  If there is no other way, we can just use a short
shell script to determine it, but I was hoping there may be some "built
in" way.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

-Dan