Subject: Re: X win- screen size
To: Dave Millen <webmaster@largesalad.co.uk>
From: Guenther Grau <Guenther.Grau@bk.bosch.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/23/1998 13:18:12
Dave Millen wrote:

> Guy wrote:
>
> > How do I set the screen size for X windows?
> >
> >     When I start it up with the startx command,
> > It opens these giant windows that don't fit on my screen.
>
> You need to edit the relevant lines in ~/.xinitrc (this will be /root/.xinitrc
> if you are starting X as root)
>
> Change all instances of xterm to a size of 80x25 and all should be well

Maybe he meant to change the resolution of the X screen, which is
changed in the xfree config file XFconfig (sp?). If you increase the
resolution of the screen, your windows become smaller as well and more
fits on the screen. You should try to read the XFree-manuals on how to
configure the X-Server.

  Guenther