Subject: Re: YP setup
To: Brook Milligan <brook@trillium.NMSU.Edu>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/30/1998 16:24:26
On Nov 30, Brook Milligan wrote
> It reports pushing a bunch of maps.

Ok, so the 'make' was not run.

> Do I have to run ypserv (in slave mode) on all my non-master machines?
> Should the setup look like:
>
>        master		slave
>        ------		-----
>        ypserv		ypserv (slave)
>        ypbind		ypbind
>        rpc.yppasswdd
>
> If so, should the slave ypbind be pointed to the slave ypserv or to
> the master ypserv in /var/yp/binding/domain?

No, not at all. You just ypserv on the master, unless you want a slave
server for savety and/or load balancing. rpc.yppasswdd only on the master.
rpc.yppasswdd is supposed to run 'make' in /var/yp after updating the passwd.
Could you create an empty '/var/yp/yppasswdd.log' and restart rpc.yppasswdd;
then change a passwd from a client ? This should leave usefull infos in
/var/yp/yppasswdd.log.