Subject: Re: mountd errors?
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/29/1998 20:07:05
On Sun, 29 Nov 1998, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Nov 27, Brian D Chase wrote

> > Alright, I'm in the process of setting up a bootserver but mountd doesn't
> > seem to like the format of my /etc/exports.  Based on the diskless,
> > mountd, and exports man pages, I can't see what's wrong with my
> > /etc/exports entries.
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > My /etc/exports file looks as follow:
> >
> >   /export/myclient1 -maproot=root -alldirs myclient1
> >   /export/myclient2 -maproot=root -alldirs myclient2

> I use  '-maproot=0' in my export files. I'm not sure if a user name
> instead of a UID will work here ...

This one's turning out to be a bit odd.  I need to look at it some more,
but I just recently found that if change my /etc/resolv.conf to not use a
DNS nameserver then mountd loads instantaneously.  I want to make another
pass through my config files and DNS server to make sure I've not done
anything stupid.

-brian.
---