Subject: Re: X Windows login screen
To: Mike Pelley , NetBSD Users <>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/27/1998 18:28:54
On Fri, Nov 27, 1998 at 03:43:59PM -0500, Mike Pelley wrote:

> Quick question - I'm running NetBSD 1.3.2/i386 with the bundled X Windows.
> Once the machine has booted, I would like it to come up with an X windows
> graphical login prompt instead of the text one.

Edit /etc/ttys such that your console and /etc/ttyv* are off, and then
edit /etc/rc.conf such that xdm is set to "YES".

This ought to do the trick for you. Just make sure you can start X cleanly,
and preferably make sure you can log in remotely so you can safely fix
your settings if something goes wrong.

Mason Loring
"In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams build their nest with fragments
  dropped from day's caravan."--Rabindranath Tagore..awake ? sleep : dream;