Subject: Firewall setup.
To: None <>
From: Francesco Zerra <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/24/1998 17:19:58
Hi NetBSD gurus,
I want to get my local network and the internet divided so I'm setting up a
firewall and I'm going to use NAT.
The machine is a 486 with, obviously, 2 network cards (one for local network
and the other for the Internet), an hard disk drive :))
and NetBSD 1.3.2

I've already read '/usr/share/examples/ipf/*' but...
I have, now, just a few simple questions for you...

 - Which are required options to correctly compile the kernel???

 - Since my Internet server (that I've to attach directly to the Internet)
   runs as AppleShare file server too, may I trasparently route my appletalk
   packets through the network cards??? and if routing is possible, what
   programs may I use????

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.