Subject: Re: nntpd
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Anders Dinsen <dinsen@danbbs.dk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/21/1998 09:07:37
On Thu, 19 Nov 1998 17:26:10 -0500 (EST), you wrote:
>On Thu, 19 Nov 1998, Anders Dinsen wrote:
>
>: There's suck in the package collection to feed a local nntpd, but
>: where is there an nntpd? I can of course download one from somewhere
>: and build it myself, but I thought there'd be a package to allow suck
>: something to suck to...
>
>news/inn

Ok, the files are on my favourite mirror under
NetBSD/packages/news/inn, but how do I download them? news/inn is'nt
in the 1.3.2 (my NetBSD version) pkgsrc. Is there a newest pkgsrc.tgz?
Or is there a good way of obtaining the pkgsrc/news/inn subtree?

I could'nt find any help on www.netbsd.org - but maybe I just
overlooked it...

>But read up on it - in detail! - before using.  Running a news server is=
 no
>small task.  :)

I know. :-)

Anders