Subject: New server selection
To: 'netbsd-users@netbsd.org' <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Scott Burns <Scott.Burns@Netcontech.Com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/04/1998 00:57:10
I have selected the following components for my new server and I just want
to confirm things will work before we shell out the cash.

1) Compaq Prosignia 200
	- 300 MHz Pentium II. Is this the 686 option in the kernel file ?
	- Will this BIOS support 9GB Seagate Barracudas ? I think I need INT13
extension support or something for drives greater than 8GB or is it an
Adaptec BIOS issue, or maybe there is no issue ? I will be booting from
one.
	- Can I run 2 x 2940UW and 1 x 1542/CF in one NetBSD/ix86 box ? No other
cards other than onboard enet if the TI drivers find it ok. I may have to
add a 3rd party enet if they do not.

2) Does NetBSD support the HP DAT 24 x 6 tape SCSI changer ? If so what is
the command line interface for tape manipulation ? I want to use Amanda
2.4.x.x with it.

3) What order will the SD devices show up with two drives on each
controller ? Each at say ID 0 and ID 1 on the controllers ? What controls
this ?

Thanks in advance.

Scott..