Subject: Re: stability problems with NetBSD/sparc 1.3.2
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/22/1998 13:35:06
At 03:31 AM 10/22/98 -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:
>may start up a 'nice'd global grep before I go to bed.  The last crash
>happened when I tried to count the number of lines of code in the entire
>kernel tree so I could do a simple comparison between NetBSD and the
>reported 37 million lines of code in Microsoft NT's "microkernel" alone.

I think it was about 6 million a few months ago.

Solaris was reportedly about 9 million.

(CC line trimmed.)
--
Kevin P. Neal                          http://www.pobox.com/~kpn/

'You know, I think I can hear the machine screaming from here... \
"help me! hellpp meeeee!"' - Heather Flanagan, 14:52:23 Wed Jun 10 1998