Subject: X bit depth question...
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/25/1998 19:20:20
Hi, all. I'm dying to play some sort of game. My machine has more than
enough power to run anything out there nowadays, but I'm having trouble
finding something that is satisfying. (For a fleeting moment I even pondered
leaping over to Linux so I could play games, but that isn't really likely.)

Anyway, Doom is out there, but it requires 256 colours. Is there any way
to switch screen depths on the fly, without having to kill and restart xdm?
I typically run in sixteen-bit mode, FWIW.

Thanks in advance for the information. Also, if anyone has any games they
can recommend that run under -current and that have nice graphics and good
sound, I'd love some recommendations... I'm wading through trying to build
Abuse, although I've hit some snags that are keeping me from getting the
silly thing to install properly.

I'm going to try to learn how to build packages, so that other folks that
have similar cravings will have an easier time of it.

Later... (And thanks!)

--
Mason Loring Bliss..mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us..acheron.dyn.ml.org/mason
"In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams build their nest with fragments