Subject: Re: Tar and Find Problem
To: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
From: Aaron Nelson <nelson@geekhouse.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/09/1998 01:16:31
Then perhaps I am misinterpreting the following sentance from the EXAMPLES
section of the tar man page:

Note that you cannot mix bundled flags and -- style flags; you can use
single-letter flags in the manner above, rather than having to type

I take this to mean that 'tar --some-option xzvf ...' will not work,
and 'tar --some-option -x -z -v -f ...' will so you sont have to type
'tar --some-option --extract --gzip --verbose --file ...'.  I take it that
'tar --some-option -xzvf ...' is also valid.

So, my first e-mail was a bit in accurate; you can mix '--' and '-' style
arguments, but not '--' and 'no-dash' style.

Is this more accurate??

Yours,

Aaron Nelson

A    A    R    O   N        N    E    L   S    O    N
nelson@null.net

"grep .. grep .. grep" --(Frog with UNIX caught in its throat)