Subject: Re: Tar and Find Problem
To: Aaron Nelson , Bruce Anderson <>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/09/1998 08:16:02
On Wed, Jul 08, 1998 at 02:28:17PM -0700, Aaron Nelson wrote:

> According to the man page (if I unstood it correctly), you can't mix
> argument styles ( these styles being no dash 'tar cvf', single dash 'tar
> -c -v -f', and double dash 'tar --create --verbose --file').

Eh? I don't remember the last time I did a binary upgrade without it
involving `tar --unlink -xvpf`.

I don't see where the man page prohibits this, and it seems to work in

Mason Loring
"In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams build their nest with fragments
 dropped from day's caravan."--Rabindranath Tagore...awake ? sleep : dream;