Subject: Re: Tar and Find Problem
To: Aaron Nelson , Bruce Anderson <brucea@wavefront.com>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/09/1998 08:16:02
On Wed, Jul 08, 1998 at 02:28:17PM -0700, Aaron Nelson wrote:

> According to the man page (if I unstood it correctly), you can't mix
> argument styles ( these styles being no dash 'tar cvf', single dash 'tar
> -c -v -f', and double dash 'tar --create --verbose --file').

Eh? I don't remember the last time I did a binary upgrade without it
involving `tar --unlink -xvpf`.

I don't see where the man page prohibits this, and it seems to work in
practise...

--
Mason Loring Bliss...mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us...www.webtrek.com/mason
"In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams build their nest with fragments