Subject: Re: Tar and Find Problem
To: NetBSD Users <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bruce Anderson <brucea@wavefront.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/08/1998 18:28:00
Fixing find is simple enough : find . -mtime -type f > <somefile>
Is there a problem with tar?
example:
% find /tmp -mtime 1 -type f |tar cvf my.tar -
tar: can't add file - : No such file or directory

Well?

On Wed, Jul 8, 1998 5:09 AM, Torsten Schlueter <mailto:t.schlueter@gmx.de>
wrote:
> Hi,
> I was trying to update my Homepage when i noticed that it is not
> possible (for me) to put only those files in an tar archive which were
> changed.
>
> I tried the following:
>
> t-rex://usr/local/httpd/htdocs/ #find . -mtime 1 -print
>
> and the output were the files which are changed today.
>
> trying
> tar -cvzf webneu.tgz -T /tmp/webneu.files (after creating the file
> /tmp/webneu.files) or
> tar cf ~/webneu.tar `find . -mtime 1 -print`
> has the same result. The whole directory is added to the archive.
>
> Whats wrong with those commands?

This message was created and sent using the Cyberdog Mail System