Subject: Re: Support for Adaptec 7890?
To: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
From: Justin T. Gibbs <gibbs@plutotech.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/02/1998 08:25:10
>On Tue, Jun 30, 1998 at 10:23:46AM -0600, Jamie Gritton wrote:
>>    We're evaulating some new motherboards with an on-board Adaptec 7890
>> chip.  In /sys/dev/pci/ahc_pci.c is support for many models up to 7880.  How
>> similar is the 7890 to any of those supported?  Are there any plans to
>> incorporate the 7890?
>
>The 789x are currently not supported. FreeBSD has a driver for the 7895,
>but their SCSI framework is now different from NetBSD, so porting it isn't
>trivial. I'm not sure if anyone is working on this at the moment..

The FreeBSD CAM driver supports the 7890, 7891, and 7895.  It should
also support the 7896 and 7897 with the simple addition of their PCI
IDs, but my policy is to only add IDs for cards I have tested.  The
7896 and 7897 are only available in engineering sample quantities
at the moment, and I haven't yet received my demo boards from Adaptec.

--
Justin