Subject: Differential SCSI?
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael K. Sanders <msanders@aros.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/29/1998 16:18:01
ONSALE.COM has a bunch(!) of Quantum Atlas II 4GB Wide Differential
drives for roughly $90 each.  I see that the Adaptec 2944 controller
should be supported under NetBSD, so I'm very tempted to pick up a few
of these and put them in a big CCD.

Does anyone have any opinions on using Differential SCSI?  I realize
that the controllers are more expensive (~$350 for the 2944).

Also, I dimly recall something about mirroring under CCD not being
particularly stable or well supported-- is this still the case?  I'd
like to stripe and mirror the drives, but could settle with just
striping if I had to, I suppose.

Thanks!

:: Mike ::