Subject: Solution ( was Re: BIOS question: ignore missing keyboards? )
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Eric S. Hvozda <hvozda@ack.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/29/1998 16:35:36
On Sat, 27 Jun 1998 13:13:11 -0400  "Eric S. Hvozda" wrote:

> Surely someone out there has exprienced this problem in the NetBSD
> community.  What solution did you use?  Get a new BIOS?  Just get
> a keyboard?  I'd be intersted in knowing...

It turns out that the answer can be had from BlackBox of
Pittsburgh (http://www.blackbox.com/, Code AC242A or AC243A).

The solution is about $60-70US.  While that is more that your
typical keyboard, it's much smaller, and it also offers the
ability to plug in a keyboard later if you wish without disturbing
the system.  Size/space counts as a factor my universe.

This has been pure hell; The BIOS vendor disavows support due to
the fact it's not their motherboard; the motherboard vendor
has yet to answer any of my calls, faxes, or email, and the
vendor who sold me the board claims no BIOS comes with the
ignore missing keyboard option on Pentium II systems; a Mr BIOS
doesn't support Pentium II BIOSes yet and they want $500US to
port their product.  Ugh!

Anyway, share and enjoy...