Subject: Re: BIOS question: ignore missing keyboards?
To: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
From: Eric S. Hvozda <hvozda@ack.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/28/1998 11:09:04
On Sun, 28 Jun 1998 01:31:14 -0400  Bill Sommerfeld wrote:
> I've picked up several new systems in the past year; all of them could
> be configured to ignore "keyboard errors" (like a missing keyboard) on
> boot.  it's usually in the first BIOS screen ("Standard CMOS setup" in
> Award BIOS systems under a label like "Halt on error").

So have I; however, this is the first time I have bought a Pentinum
II based system.

The machine has AMI's WINBIOS; while I can find the option that
allows me to tell it there is no video card present, I cannot for
the life of me find the option to ignore a missing keyboard.

In particular, this is a SuperMicro P6SLS.  I've called the retailer,
and they say all Pentium II based systems they sell have not had
the "Halt, on all but keyboard" functionality for the last 6 to 8
months.

I just can't beleive BIOS manufacturers would take away the
functionality, but confering with a few friends, that seemingly is
exactly what is happening... :-(