Subject: Quantum Atlas II Strange Failures
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/07/1998 20:40:22
I've having some odd trouble with a 9GB narrow Quantum Atlas II
drive (drive model 'DS20I' according to the SCSI probe) on the NCR
53c810 controller. First, I had to disable tagged command queuing
to get it to work, which is not unknown with this controller.
However, I've also found that I can't get it to boot. I can
installboot biosboot.sym on it just fine, but with 1.3.2 the machine
reboots just after loading the boot loader (before printing anything)
and with a 1.3_ALPHA bootloader it wedges without printing anything.
An installboot of the same biosboot.sym on another SCSI drive works
just fine.

For reference, this is on an ASUS SP3G motherboard with an Intel
486/100 chip.

Anyone know what might be causing this, and perhaps have a solution?

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite mist, software reverberates