Subject: How to patch 1.3 sources to 1.3.1?
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Zach Fine <czyz@u.washington.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/10/1998 03:43:31
It looks as though the kernel (and other?) sources for NetBSD 1.3.1
are not supplied as a tarred, gzipped set, but as a patch to the
NetBSD 1.3 sources. I downloaded the patch:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.3.1/source/netbsd-1.3-1.3.1.diff.gz

But cannot figure out how to properly apply it.  I tried copying it
into the /usr/src directory and doing a
'patch < netbsd-1.3-1.3.1.diff',
but this only changed the top level Makefile and then asked for the
next file to patch.  I quickly reverted the Makefile to its original
state and then looked again for a README that would detail the
location in which to run patch and the command line options that need
to be passed to it in order to properly patch my sources up to 1.3.1,
but was unable to find any such documentation.

I either need some instructions or to be pointed in the general
direction of a README file that must exist but that I'm having trouble
finding.  Otherwise, if the 1.3.1 sources are available as a package,
I'd be happy to waste some bandwidth and download the complete
package.

Any help would be appreciated. I know the solution must be pretty
obvious, it's just eluding me at the moment.

Thanks.

-Zach Fine
czyz@u.washington.edu

PS. Try the latest GIMP, it's just about eclipsed Photoshop IMO.
PPS. Now if I could just find a cheap neg scanner supported by SANE...