Subject: Re: Running povray on NetBSD?
To: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
From: Christofer C. Bell <cbell@ukans.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/23/1998 08:22:14
Brian D Chase wrote:
> I have yet to compile this under NetBSD on another platform so I don't
> know if it's VAX specific.  If anyone here has had success or even "no
> success" with povray under NetBSD, I'd be interested in hearing from you.

I've run hand compiled installs of POV-Ray 3.0 under NetBSD/i386 1.2.1,
1.3, and 1.3.1 with no problems.  The only modifications I made to the
software were those required by the licensing agreement (stating who
compiled the software and that the POV-Ray Team was not responsible for
supporting it, blah, blah, blah).

Other than reporting that I've had success with POV-Ray on NetBSD/i386,
I'm afraid I can't really help you out anymore.  I'm not much of a coder
by any stretch of the imagination.  Best of luck!

--
Christofer C. Bell                      Information Systems Lead
Union Computing Services                email: cbell@ukans.edu