Subject: Re: Problems making my machine a gateway.
To: Doug Clements <doug_clements@eee.org>
From: J. Buck Caldwell <buck_c@polygon.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/24/1998 09:58:36
I've got my NetBSD/VAX machine set up as a gateway - but there' tricks. The one thing you're
probably missing is: setting net.inet.ip.forwarding=1. It LOOKS like this is done when you compile
with GATEWAY, but it isn't. Also, make sure your ISP is routing you a subnet. If he's only routing
one IP, it won't work. You'd need a proxy. If he's routing a subnet, it'll work. I have a 8-address
(6 useable) subnet routed to my home.

As a matter of fact, I think I'm gonna write a ppp/gateway setup faq, since there isn't one
already.  I'll post it here when I'm done.

--
J. Buck Caldwell

               Engineer - Technical Support - Webmaster
Polygon, Inc.         email:buck_c@polygon.com   phone: (314) 432-4142
PO Box 8470            http://www.polygon.com/     fax: (314) 997-9696
St. Louis, MO 63132     ftp://ftp.polygon.com/     bbs: (314) 997-9682