Subject: Re: playing .au files
To: Eric Clark Krutz <eric@arl.wustl.edu>
From: Jeff Mitchell <skeezix@skeleton.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/02/1998 16:26:00
On Mon, 2 Mar 1998, Eric Clark Krutz wrote:

> What is the command to play an au file on a NetBSD 1.3 machine? I tried
> xanim to play an au file but nothing came out of the speakers. Everything
> is connected right and I know they work. is there an audio mixer that
> needs to be tweaked first?

	The most painful way to see if *anything* happens is to just cat
the file to your /dev/sound or /dev/audio device. If nothing happens, you
may need to rebuild your kernel. There are osme nifty mixer
applications... "xmixer" comes to mind offhand.

		Jeff

--
"I'm CONSING NOW!" "Nature is for weenies." -- Hozhead