Subject: Re: netscape for netbsd
To: Fujie Zhang <fzhang@NMSU.Edu>
From: Alex <xela@MIT.EDU>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/23/1998 22:08:53

> does anybody know where i can download a netscape communication or
> navigator for netbsd? pls let me know. thx.

What architecture?  Assuming you mean Intel, which a lot of
people seem to think of as the default architecture, then there
are several you can try.  I believe I ended up uwing the
linux one with linux compatability package installed:  ftp to
ftp.netscape.com in pub/communicator/4.04/shipping/english/unix/linux20
to get that one.

Other things that might work would include the bsdi or freebsd
versions.  The most recent I could find are at ftp.netscape.com in
pub/communicator/4.04/development/english/unix/ ; those are betas,
there may be more stable ones down some other 4.0n tree....

If you mean alpha, you might want to see whether the dec_unix
port works.  If you try that, I'd be interested in the results.

---Alex

Carl Alexander
------------- MIT (where Alex hangs out):
xela@mit.edu      Course VI (sometime special student)    SIPB (prospective)
                  Mitgaard ("honorary mold")    MITSFS    LSC (night worker)
                  http://www.mit.edu/~xela
------------- Work (where they call me "Carl"):
carl@terc.edu     System Administrator & User Services Manager, TERC
                  http://www.terc.edu