Subject: Re: Voice mail?
To: David Maxwell <email@example.com>
From: Ty Sarna <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 01/05/1998 15:06:05
David Maxwell wrote:
> Yes, there are two types of solutions - the serial (or internal)
> voice modem option, which could be used with vgetty, works decently
> but can be particular about which brand/model of modems you use.
Do you have a URL for vgetty information handy?
> Depending on the app, vgetty may be fine - like if it is just an
> answering machine type of setup you want. I haven't seen an
> intensive IVR app done with vgetty, but someone probably has
> something interesting out there...
- FAX recieve (and ideally send, and even more ideally the
ability to do same-call FAX-on-demand).
- Distinctive (aka alternate) ring detection -- phone rings with
pattern one, ring N times, then answer as voice. If pattern
two, answer immediately as FAX.
- Multiple voice mail boxes and prerecorded messages,
selected by DTMF functions.
I don't need:
- ability to handle multiple lines
- ability to transfer calls (Centrex, etc)