Subject: Re: Voice mail?
To: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/05/1998 15:06:05
David Maxwell wrote:

> Yes, there are two types of solutions - the serial (or internal)
> voice modem option, which could be used with vgetty, works decently
> but can be particular about which brand/model of modems you use.

Do you have a URL for vgetty information handy?

> Depending on the app, vgetty may be fine - like if it is just an
> answering machine type of setup you want. I haven't seen an
> intensive IVR app done with vgetty, but someone probably has
> something interesting out there...

My requirements:
	- FAX recieve (and ideally send, and even more ideally the
	  ability to do same-call FAX-on-demand).
	- Distinctive (aka alternate) ring detection -- phone rings with
	  pattern one, ring N times, then answer as voice. If pattern
	  two, answer immediately as FAX.
	- Multiple voice mail boxes and prerecorded messages,
	  selected by DTMF functions.

I don't need:
	- ability to handle multiple lines
	- ability to transfer calls (Centrex, etc)