Subject: 4GB Quantum SCSI hard disk
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: pfwong <pfwong@nettestca.gn.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/05/1997 11:23:29
I am new to NetBSD and this user group.
I am trying to install NetBSD 1.2.1 into a pentium PC with 32MB RAM and
a 4GB SCSI hard disk. However I got the following error message when it
was trying to create the partitions:
Labeling disk sd0...aha0: DMA beyond end of ISA
aha0: DMA beyond end of ISA
sd0: could not mode sense (4/5); using ficitious geometry
aha0: DMA beyond end of ISA
sd0(aha0:0:0): could not get size
sd0: no disk label
aha0: DMA beyond end of ISA

Configuration of the PC

ISA Adaptec 1542CF SCSI controller with switch 1 (termination) and 5
(disable floppy) to ON and all others are OFF. The I/O port 330 and BIOS
address DC000. IRQ is 11 and DMA is 5.
SCSI disk is Quantum Fireball ST 4.3GB
2 PCI 3COM 3C905 (Etherlink XL PCI) with IRQ set to 9 and 10.

Could anyone tell me how I can get around this problem? Any help is much
appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Pui Wong				E-mail:pfwong@nettestca.gn.com
					Tel: 905-479-8090
GN Nettest (Canada) Inc			Fax: 905-475-6524