Subject: [Q] Procedure to rebuild kernel
To: None <tech-install@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Calvin Young <youngc@cisco.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/10/1997 23:38:39
Hi,

Recently I have successfully installed NetBSD 1.2.1 on my PC and the
procedure is painless.  Thanks for your effort!

Now I would like to rebuild the kernel.  I have downloaded all the
source distribution and ready to go for it  but I don't find procedure
to safely and correctly  perform this task.  My quesitions are:

1. Do I need to write a script to install all the source files or is
there existing script doing that.  (cat set_name.?? | gunzip | tar xfp -
will do one distribution file as described in INSTALL)

2. After all the distribution files installed,  what is the procedure to
make the kernel and install it?

Thanks a lot for help!

Calvin