Subject: Re: Group IDs of directories (was Re: Sticky bit?)
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/10/1997 10:51:17
On Wed, 10 Sep 1997, Todd Vierling wrote:

> This is a weirdness that's partly 4.4BSD's fault.  New files in directories
> are created with the group-id of that directory, which is IMHO a bad idea.

To tell you the truth, I find this terribly convenient. It makes
it a lot easier to share files with varying groups of people without
checking and changing ownership all the time.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite myst, software reverberates