Subject: Re: Cannot allocate colormap entry...
To: NetBSD.users <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bjoern Labitzke <hermit@cs.tu-berlin.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/09/1997 21:50:01
Hello Rainer!

Tue, 03 Jun 1997 08:32:58 -0400; -Mailinglists.NetBSD.users
Rainer Doemer wrote:

RD> > Ok, now to my problem. First the system-config: - Amiga 4000/40
RD> > without a gfx-card
RD>
RD> So your hardware is able to display upto 256 colors using AGA, without
RD> AGA you can use only 16 colors at once.

Well, it seems as if it should be possible. But I can't configure Xamiga
for anything bigger than colordepth 4. All bigger values result in
something like "No cc frame available". (Next time I copy the exact
message, if this helps.)

RD> > Cannot allocate colormap entry for "LightSkyBlue".
RD>
RD> This simply means, that there was no color left to display
RD> LightSkyBlue (which would be the 257th/17th color...).

Ok, that makes sense. I could reduce some colors. It worked. But I am a bit
confused. There exists some option for X that tells it to use the colormap
of the active program/window. I saw it working for xv and wonder, why this
is not possible for other programs. Or gets xv colors from the same
colormap and just "shuffles" them a bit around to display pictures? It
seemed different...

And thanx for the fast help.

Bye, Bjoern
--
Bjoern Labitzke   | E-Mail: hermit@cs.tu-berlin.de
PGP-Key available | Use PGP! Or don't you use envelopes for your letters?