Subject: Re: Forwarding E-mail with sendmail
To: John A. Maier - Kemper Military School and College MIS dept. <johnam@mail.kemper.org>
From: Absolute(Zero) <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/15/1997 23:29:17
On Thu, 15 May 1997, John A. Maier - Kemper Military School and College MIS dept. wrote:

> I want NetBSD's sendmail to be able to forward messages to other sendmail agents,

	Its probably best to ask generic sendmail questions on a sendmail
	list (given that NetBSD ships with a pretty much stock sendmail)
> I.e.
> 1)  one.foobar.org gets a message for foo@one.foobar.org.
> 2)  foo doesn't exist (have an account) on one.foobar.org but does on
> two.foobar.org.
> 3)  Can one.foobar.org forward the message to two.foobar.org and even if
> foo didn't exist on two.foobar.org, just let two.foobar.org bounce or
> forward the message.

	For _specific_ cases of foo you can edit /etc/aliases and
	add a line of the form:

		foo:	bar@two.foobar.com

	then type 'newaliases'.

	To generically forward all unrecognised local accounts to
	another machine you can setup a LUSER_HOST relay... but
	that requires some tuning at the other end :)

                David/abs               abs@anim.dreamworks.com

.---- I've been too drunk to love ----.-- I've been too drunk to remember -.
|          too drunk to care          |    the hell of the night before    |
|  looked like death, felt like hell  |   I've been drinking myself blind  |
`------ been the worse for wear ------'-- and still I'll drink some more --'