Subject: Socks5 under NetBSD/sparc.
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Quigley <michael@goingv.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/28/1997 14:46:09
Hello,

I am attempting to configure socks5 on a NetBSD/sparc machine, and I am
having a bit of trouble. I've configured socks many times on other platforms
(mostly Solaris and BSDI).

The NetBSD/sparc machine is multihomed, with one interface being on a local
ethernet, and the other interface as a dialup PPP device.

My socks5.conf is as follows:

route 10.10.10. - le0
route -         - ppp0
permit - - - - - -

The problem appears to be with the software itself, not the configuration.
I've run the daemon with the "-d" debug option, and examined the output.
The daemon complains about several "invalid" interfaces, and ends up
successfully completing "Interface query:" for only the "le0" interface.
After trying to find all of the interfaces, the daemon reports that it is
running in "single homed" mode--which is untrue.

Does anyone know why this might be happening? Alternatively, does anyone
know where in the code I might look to work in a patch?

Thanks in advance!

Michael
--
Michael F. Quigley Jr.                                  michael@goingv.com
CTO/CDO, Going Virtual, Inc.                                (704) 849-0731