Subject: Re: java
To: Eric A. Davis <edavis@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Rick Byers <rickb@iaw.on.ca>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/25/1997 19:10:07
I use "Kaffe" instead of the JDK, and it works great (but I havn't used
for anything too complex).  It compiles out of the box for NetBSD, and has
all the source code.  ftp.sarc.city.ac.uk/pub/kaffe/

Rick

On Fri, 25 Apr 1997, Eric A. Davis wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Apr 1997 14:23:51 -0400 (EDT) xiamin wrote
> >can netbsd do java? prehaps this is more a port-mac68k (the one i use)...
>
> Not directly no.  But there are ports of the JDK to both linux and
> freebsd.  I have tried both and they have worked.  Of course you
> need to recompile your kernel with either linux or freebsd emulation. ;-)
>
> - eric
>

> --
>      Eric Allen Davis        Network Engineer
>      edavis@nas.nasa.gov     NASA Ames Research Center
>      (415)604-2543           NAS Systems Division
>      Pager: (415)428-6931

Rick Byers                                      Internet Access Worldwide
rickb@iaw.on.ca                                      System Administrator
Welland, Ontario, Canada                                    (905)714-1400
http://www.iaw.on.ca/rickb/                         http://www.iaw.on.ca/