Subject: uugetty for NetBSD
To: netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG, NetBSD-current Users <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/23/1997 21:28:05
I've modified the 1.2/current /usr/libexec/getty code to use and
honour HDB/Taylor UUCP port locking, which allows you to use a
serial line for both dial-in and dial-out. (I know that mgetty does
this as well, but the package was far too big and complex for my
needs.) I've added a patch to the current getty to my patches page
at <http://www2.portal.ca/~cjs/>. If anybody out there wants to
try it out and let me know how it works, I'd be very pleased to
have feedback. I can make a binary available to anyone who wants
one.

Is this something that should go into the distribution? It would
be handy. If someone thinks so, and wants to commit it, let me know
and I'll generate a PR after a bit more testing. (The code may not
be the cleanest in the world at this point.)

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.