Subject: Re: cd rom, export fs, lpt problem
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Superuser <heru@pentium.as.bppt.go.id>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/23/1997 21:24:52
Dear netbsd user.

Thanks for anyone who replayed my email.

About my first question.

From: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.medford.ma.us>

>>  Try adding `-o ro'..
>>  mount -o ro -t cd9660 /dev/cd0a /cdrom

and

From: Rob Windsor <windsor@pobox.com>

>>  mount -t cd9660 -o ro /dev/cd0a /cdrom
                    ~~~~~
>>  IMO, this is a bug, we should make mount_cd9660 default to 'ro'.

I tried with '-o ro' option, and it give me the message like this :
cd9660: Device not configured

Actualy when the PC booting, it can't find the cd drive. The booting
message (also dmesg command) printed the message like this :
mcd0: timeout in getresult

I use the MKEP Panasonic Matsushita CDROM. And I configured it in kernel
configuration files as follow :
mcd0    at isa? port 0x320 irq 10

I also use the window 95 to operate this PC. In system configuration (control
panel) window 95 can manage this cd in that port number (0x320).
(but I couldn't see what irq number that win 95 use to manage it)

Any opinion for this problem ?

About my second question.

From: Rob Windsor <windsor@pobox.com>

>> in /etc/exports, something like:
>> /usr/X11R6 -maproot=nobody client
>> where "client" is the name of the machine that you want to export the
>> filesytem to.  'man 5 exports' for some more examples.
>> Also, on the nfs client, some options you may want to use (in the fstab):
>> server:/usr/X11R6    /usr/X11R6  nfs     -b,-c,-d,-i,-s,-r=4096
>> These are options that I use, ymmv.

Thank you, I can export and mount the file system now.
But, why I can't export /usr/X11R6 and /usr/spool togather ?
The showmount program only can indicate the first exported file system.

About my third question.

From: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.medford.ma.us>

From: Rob Windsor <windsor@pobox.com>

From: Wailer <banshee@gabriella.abattoir.com>

>> is the lpt port turned on?
>> are you SURE its in ther kernel?

Actualy I checked again the BIOS setup. The port number & IRQ that BIOS use
is same with the kernel configuration file. But there is something strange
in my PC. The BIOS setup say the port & IRQ number for the lpt0 is 378H and 7
but when I save it and reset the PC again, no lpt0 was detected by bios.
I have no problem with lpt0 if I run my window 95 to operate my PC. But I still
have problem to use lpt0 in netbsd1.2

Before I use the version 1.2 of netbsd, I used netbsd 1.0 in this PC also.
And I could work with this lpt0.

Maybe its a bug for NetBSD 1.2 ?

Thanks again for people who answered my problem.
And I'll ask you again for my two unresolved problems. Help me please .......

Heru Dwi Wahjono
heru@pentium.as.bppt.go.id