Subject: Re: cd rom, export fs, lpt problem
To: Heru Dwi Wahjono <heru@pentium.as.bppt.go.id>
From: Rob Windsor <windsor@pobox.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/23/1997 21:24:34
Verily did Heru Dwi Wahjono write:

> Dear netbsd users. Please help me to resolve my problem.

> 1. How to mount cdrom drive ?
>    When I run command mount, I always get the message like this :

>    root@pentium[2]> mount -t cd9660 /dev/cd0a /cdrom
>    cd9660: Read-only file system
>    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

mount -t cd9660 -o ro /dev/cd0a /cdrom
                ~~~~~

IMO, this is a bug, we should make mount_cd9660 default to 'ro'.

> 2. How to export system file using /etc/exports ? What is the format (syntax)
> ?
>    I ever tried once. But when I mount it from other machine and try to get
>    the list of file (using ls command) the system always hang.
>    Anyone experien with this ?

in /etc/exports, something like:

/usr/X11R6 -maproot=nobody client

where "client" is the name of the machine that you want to export the
filesytem to.  'man 5 exports' for some more examples.

Also, on the nfs client, some options you may want to use (in the fstab):

server:/usr/X11R6    /usr/X11R6  nfs     -b,-c,-d,-i,-s,-r=4096

These are options that I use, ymmv.

> 3. I can't print trough my lpt0. (maybe) it cause of there is no lpt0
>    detected when pc is booting. I checked the kernel configuretion file,
>    the lpt0 is already defined in this file. What can I do to fix it ?

I doubt I'm much help here, I don't bother with printers.  You are correct,
though, you need the kernel to recognize it before you can use it.  One of
my systems doesn't recognize lpt0 either.  Don't know what the fix would be
other than swapping out motherboards.  Sorry.

-- Rob
Internet: windsor@pobox.com      Life: Rob@Sunnyvale.California.USA.Earth
"Da Web": http://pobox.com/~windsor/

"Ain't much distance 'tween a pat on the back and a kick in the pants."
    -- David Lee Roth (1990), `The Dogtown Shuffle'