Subject: Problems with mtools 3.0
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@saruman.ics.muni.cz>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/23/1997 21:23:33
I have problem with mtools 3.0. I cannot format any diskette with that.
It states:

mformat: init: open: Operation not supported

I tried Linux 3.0 mformat if i didn't miss anything, it said:

mformat: init: open: Operation not supported on transport endpoint

so I am close to thing that's some Mtools bug.  I tried my friend's
mtools 2.0.7's mformat and it works normally, yes, on same device.
I heard that some patch to mtools is here around, but I don't know where :-(

When I compiled it about 2 months ago, it was not even able to write to
floppy via mcopy, but 'twas just bad device, if I remember correctly.

Any suggestions ? I use device /dev/rfd0a, the record in devices.c
look like this:
-----------------

#ifdef netbsd
#define predefined_devices
struct device devices[] = {
        {"/dev/rfd0a",  'A', HD312 }
};
#define INIT_NOOP
#endif

-----------------

And, second:
Is there any way how can i create/read >1.44MB diskettes ? I tried
fdformatted diskeetes (about 1.7MB) on Linux mtools 3.0 read normally,but
I have problems reading it on my NetBSD. Some of them were readable,
some of them were not (mdir didn't write any contents of such diskette
and I were not able to read anything from it via mcopy).

Thanks for any help, suggestions or pointers.

--
Jaromir Dolecek              		UVT MU, Botanicka 68A, Brno, 60200
dolecek@ics.muni.cz			Tel.: +42-5-4151 2258