Subject: re: whats new in 1.2
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/23/1997 21:17:14
a pretty substantial list of changes allright. the last one in the "changes
from 1.2 to current" interests me ("make pageout sleep on vm_pages_needed
instead of lbolt, stops freezing when running short of free pages"). i
believe that i have encountered that particular problem around here.
so i ftp'd sys/vm/vm_pageout.c from ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/...NetBSD-current...
and discovered that it is unchanged from the version i have (both versions
tsleep on lbolt). is the fix as simple as changing "tbolt" to "vm_pages_needed"?
could i just change those couple of lines in vm_pageout.c in my copy of 1.1
and see that problem go away? wow, is it really 1:53 already? gibber gibber...