Subject: laptop for NetBSD 1.1?
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bruce Walker <bmw@visgen.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/23/1997 21:15:11
I would like to buy a laptop to run NetBSD 1.1 on for network
management.  Ideally it would have a removeable drive so I could
replace it and boot Win95 for packages that require it (like the
Portmaster GUI).  It should have or be capable of taking a PCMCIA
card or cards for 28.8K modem (hopefully USR) and ethernet.

There must be people doing this already, so what are you using?
What PCMCIA bits are fully supported by 1.1?  Do you also run X on
it?  I'd like to be able to run GUI-based SNMP stuff (tkined, etc.).

I'd rather not tinker with alpha or beta NetBSD code, so I'll accept
that there may be only one laptop model that fits the req't.

Thanks!
--
Bruce M. Walker   |   Visible Genetics Inc.   |   bmw@visgen.com
                  |   Suite 1000, Box 333     |   Phone: 416-813-3240
                  |   700 Bay Street          |   FAX:   416-813-3250
                  |   Toronto M5G 1Z6         |