Subject: problems setting up ppp 2.2.0 between two netbsd 1.1 machines
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/23/1997 21:14:06
i can get ppp to connect to our ISP no problem, now the trick is to get
things set up so that i can get a ppp link between the box at work
(the one connected to the provider) and my box at home. the sequence
that i am trying from home is
pppd connect 'chat ABORT BUSY "" ATZ ATDTXXXXXXX CONNECT "" "ogin:" "ppptest"
 "word:" "secret" "%" "exec pppd passive"' crtscts modem defaultroute
 204.209.156.99: /dev/tty00 57600
after starting this, i get the following
Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/tty00
(time passes, modem lights flash)
LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests
Connection terminated.
Serial link is not 8-bit clean:
All received characters had bit 7 set to 0

has anybody else seen this? any suggestions appreciated. thanx muchly